Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wish You Were Here.

We went for a holiday without you for the first time, last week. It felt so alien to not have you being frustratingly protective about Mamma, Tanvi and I in public places. We had a lot of fun, but kept thinking of how much you would have enjoyed it had you been there.

Tanvi and I missed you especially when we went to a water park. I had no one who wanted to go on the almost-vertical body slide with me. And no one helped me dunk Tanvi under water when she was chillin’ on a tube. Oh, and I missed you so much when we drove quad-bikes in the desert! There’s only so much fun you can have zipping past everyone else when you don’t have anyone racing you and goading you to attempt jumping off a dune.

Your birthday’s coming. I remember how you just wanted everybody in the family together for the day – and it actually happened! Only because you willed it to happen. That was one of the nicest days of my life.

This is from that day when Tanvi insisted we go to the Juhu beach. I look like shit, but it’s too natural a picture for me not to love it.

DSC_0043

3 comments:

  1. We have 7 Facebook friends in common.

    No kidding.

    Yes I looked you up. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, stalker! xP

    Also, no fair! I wanna know who you are, now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad. You had your name on the sidebar. That makes it quite easy ;)

    ReplyDelete