Monday, August 22, 2011

Freedom To Not Protest.

I had my personal space invaded today by a smiling, middle-aged woman [presumably associated with India Against Corruption]. She walked up to me and started pinning a paper badge of the tri-colour onto my t-shirt, ignoring me when I said I didn’t want to put it on.

If I don’t join the protests against corruption/for the right to protest/whatever the cause is now, do I automatically become a part of the problem?

If I don’t support Hazare, do I become less of a patriot?

2 comments:

  1. No.

    You are a patriot because you think for yourself. It's when we let others decide/think for us, that we become less of a patriot, falling prey to propaganda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the stupidest thing ever. Don't people understand the meaning of democracy? If they are fighting for individuals to be able to freely voice their opinions or be part of a movement, then they need to understand that this also means allowing people to make their own choices. Such double standards, I tell you...

    ReplyDelete